Let me first off start by saying how odd of a season I feel like this is. When you look at 4 of the first 6 games you have some really compelling matchups. After that though, outside of Air Force, it will be really tough to see Bronco fans interested in the outcomes of the remaining schedule. That being said, I really wish the schedule would have been reversed and we finished with the first 6 games and didn’t start with them. My biggest concern here is following Washington with a game at BYU. The emotion of playing Washington is going to be very real and I can foresee a big win here despite breaking in a new QB and RB. After that though, I have a bad feeling our new QB whoever he is (Ryan Finley), is going to have a tough time going into BYU and getting a win. BYU has some questions on defense, but this game is early enough where Taysom Hill should be healthy, and it is the home opener for BYU. Even in my most optimistic approach to the season, I don’t see us leaving Provo with a win.
Here is how I see the season going for Boise State right now. (Subject to change depending on how fall camp plays outs).
- Boise State vs Washington – Win
- Boise State @ BYU – Lose
- Boise State vs Idaho State – Win
- Boise State @ Virginia – Win
- Boise State vs Hawaii – Win
- Boise State @ Colorado State – Win
- Boise State @ Utah State – Win
- Boise State vs Wyoming – Win
- Boise State @ UNLV – Win
- Boise State vs New Mexico – Win
- Boise State vs Air Force – Win
- Boise State @ San Jose State – Win
- MWC Championship – Win