NOTE: If you're having issues with installing or updating packages - see https://github.com/termux/termux-packages/wiki/Package-Management
NOTE: Updates over Google Play is currently halted due to technical reasons. In the meantime, see https://github.com/termux/termux-app#installation for alternative installation sources.
Termux combines powerful terminal emulation with an extensive Linux package collection.
• Enjoy the bash and zsh shells.
• Manage files with nnn and edit them with nano, vim or emacs.
• Access servers over ssh.
• Develop in C with clang, make and gdb.
• Use the python console as a pocket calculator.
• Check out projects with git.
• Run text-based games with frotz.
At first start a small base system is downloaded - desired packages can then be installed using the apt package manager. Access the built-in help by long-pressing anywhere on the terminal and selecting the Help menu option to learn more.
Want to read the wiki?
Want to ask questions, report bugs or give feedback?
Want to join the Termux IRC chat?
#termux on freenode
view network connections
Allows the app to view information about network connections such as which networks exist and are connected.
have full network access
Allows the app to create network sockets and use custom network protocols. The browser and other applications provide means to send data to the internet, so this permission is not required to send data to the internet.
modify or delete the contents of your shared storage
Allows the app to write the contents of your shared storage.
prevent phone from sleeping
Allows the app to prevent the phone from going to sleep.
Allows the app to control the vibrator.
run foreground service
Allows the app to make use of foreground services.
ask to ignore battery optimizations
Allows an app to ask for permission to ignore battery optimizations for that app.
This app can appear on top of other apps
This app can appear on top of other apps or other parts of the screen. This may interfere with normal app usage and change the way that other apps appear.
request install packages
Allows an application to request installation of packages.
read the contents of your shared storage
Allows the app to read the contents of your shared storage.
termux / termux-app Public
According to termux/termux-packages#6726:
"Do not use Termux app from Google Play. It is deprecated.
But there is nothing on the "main" app "page" to show or indicate that the Termux app on the Play Store is deprecated. (Please see screenshot) Yes, I realise that it is mentioned in the "About this app" page, but I think it would be a good idea to make this information more promiment.
Steps to reproduce
Search for the Termux app on the Google Play Store.
When I search for Termux on the Play Store, I would like some indication that the Termux app on the Play Store is deprecated. NB: I do NOT suggest removing the app from the Play Store (because I have seen "Play Store Squatting" occur when other open source apps have done this - see https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.drunkdeveloper.location.sensor.radio.network.wifi.status for an example)
Perhaps it would be possible to rename the app from "Termux" to "Termux - now deprecated!" ?
Hey, I've just realised: if you make it clearer that the app is deprecated, you might even cut down on the following "issue noise":
- Termux application version:
- Android OS version:
- Device model:
Since November 2, 2020 we no longer able to publish updates of Termux application and add-ons because we are not ready for changes upcoming with SDK level 29 (Android 10).
Everyone should move to F-Droid version, if possible. Check out Backing up Termux if you are interested on how to preserve data when re-installing the application.
About the issue
Github discussion: https://github.com/termux/termux-app/issues/1072
If Termux application was built with target SDK level "29" or higher, it will be eligible for SELinux restriction of execve() system call on data files. That makes impossible to run package executables such as "apt", "bash" and others located in the application's writable directory such as $PREFIX.
We have chosen to stick with target SDK level <= 28 in order to keep Termux running on Android devices with Android OS version 10 and higher until we release next major version of Termux (v1.0). It will change app design to comply with new SELinux configuration and Google Play policy, potentially at cost of user experience.
Play termux google
Google Play to F-Droid Migration & Setup of Termux, Termux:Tasker, & Termux:Styling
Situation: you have a bunch of Tasker stuff that depends on Google Play Termux, which is no longer updated. You need migrate to F-Droid Termux. What to do?
If you're setting up Termux for the 1st time, skip to the next section.
- If anything you use Termux for depends on commands that do not ship with the base installation or you have scripts that exist only in Termux's home folder, back up your Termux. You may have to ask about these at the official subreddit or check their packages list. If all the commands you use are in the base installation, skip this step
- Uninstall all your existing Termux apps
- Install the F-Droid counterparts of the Google Play Termux apps removed in the previous section
- If you want Termux to be able to interact with and expandable storage, grant it storage permissions:
- Open Termux
- Tap in the ensuing pop-up
- If you previously backed up your Termux, follow the instructions at the backup instructions link above to restore your backup
- If you have external scripts you want to run in Tasker, import them by running in Termux
- To allow Tasker to execute Termux commands, enable Tasker's Termux permission:
- Enter Android Settings
- Tap the radio button
And that's it. If you have existing Tasker Termux tasks and toggles they should work now.
You will also be interested:
- How to solve long equations
- Hooked on phonics practice pack
- State capitals map
- Slater brother series
- Gibson hummingbird guitar
- Dentrix mobile
- Reconnaissance energy stock price
- Kyle dubas age