Epiphone’s attempt at hitting the 80’s shred trend brought with it these tidy Korean produced budget models.
They were built in the famous Samick factory, and are surprisingly good value for their current second hand value of around £150 to £200.
It’s a shame their take on the Floyd Rose tremolo didn’t catch on more, as it incorporates many of the Floyd’s better elements within a more standard floating design.
This example played really well, kept it’s tune and the pickups gave a reasonably warm high output.
The S-Series was produced at the Samick factory in Korea starting in 1986 with the S-200 though S-900 and was ultimately discontinued in 2004. In 1999, the S-Series guitars were redesigned with the addition of an open-coil humbucker in the bridge position. The S-210 became the FAT-210 and the S-310 became the FAT-310. The FAT-210 was available in Player Packs until it was discontinued in 2004. From 1999 until 2004, the FAT-210 & FAT-310 were the only remaining S-Series guitars.
Early S-Series guitars had "Epiphone By Gibson" inlaid on a Jackson-style. pointed headstock. These headstocks were later slightly rehaped at the edges and eventually changed to resemble an elongated Explorer-style "hockey stick" headstock. The "Epiphone By Gibson" inlay was dropped in 1989 and replaced with an "Epiphone" inlay. The headstock was changed yet again to the current Explorer-style and remained that way until 1996, when it was changed to the "Batwing" design.
- Matsumoku style Explorer headstock with vintage "Epiphone" script (Early 1986)
- 1st Generation narrow Jackson style with early "Epiphone By Gibson" logo (1986)
- 2nd Generation wide Jackson style with later "Epiphone By Gibson" logo (1986-1987)
- 1st Generation elongated Explorer style with "Epiphone By Gibson" logo (1988)
- 2nd Generation modern Explorer style with modern "Epiphone" logo (1989)
- Batwing style headstock with inlaid or printed "Epiphone" logo (1996-2004)
About This Listing
- Make/Model: Epiphone S300
- Year: 80's -90's
- Serial Number: 1206107
- Location of Manufacture: Not sure
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Nut Width: 1 11/16"
- Weight: 8.0 lbs
- Finish Color: White
- Pickup/Control Layout: S/S/S - Volume/ Tone/ Tone - 5 way tone selector
- Neck Wood: Maple
- Fingerboard Wood: Maple
- Case: No case, but will be professionally packed and shipped
- Features: Chrome Hardware, Dot Inlays. Does NOT come with whammy.
- Condition: This Epiphone S300 looks good. The whammy has been blocked by the previous owner, there are some crack on the heel (see pics), they are not major though. Some dings here and there, as well as some scratches throughout from use (see pics). There is also some paint chipping by the headstock, and around the strap buttons. There is a pink selector knob (see pics). The frets have some light wear, but still have plenty of life in them. This guitar plays great though, and truly is a "players guitar". Nice low action, with fresh new string that makes playing this guitar even more enjoyable. It also has a great full tone! This guitar is an excellent piece of gear to have in the house. All electronics have been tested and are in working condition. Everything pictured is ready to be professionally packed and shipped.
Reviews of this Shop
|Listed||4 years ago|
Good condition items function properly but may exhibit some wear and tear.learn more
Oops, looks like you forgot something. Please check the fields highlighted in red.Sours: https://reverb.com/item/6374901-epiphone-by-gibson-model-s300-solid-body-electric-guitar-white
300 epiphone s
.Epiphone Strat knockoff is a sleeper guitar under $200!! Explorer head stock and chimey single coils
You will also be interested:
- Harborhoist for sale
- Cool banner design
- Working minecraft servers
- Blue teardrop spruce
- Whio weather radar
- Love roms psx
- 1965 vw beetle
- Freeform tv shows 2020
- H&r.block near me
- Vitalchek reviews
- Phx to gjt
- Cooling towel walmart
- Egg pod target